What does equivocate mean? It means to make use of expressions that are unclear so as to avoid some form of commitment.
Sentence Examples: –
- Whenever things do not try and go your way, it becomes the job of Jon to try and equivocate everything so as to make it suitable for you.
- It was the job of the salesman to try and equivocate the appropriate sales terms so that the couple would not be able to detect any kind of defects in the product.
- Upon having a look at the political record of the senator, it was found that he would normally equivocate any kind of statistics to his favour.
- It was the job of the prosecutor to try and equivocate so much so that the suspect would have to confess of his role in that particular crime.
- If you come across a person that is more than willing to equivocate about anything, then you need to steer clear of them. It is for your own good.