What does onerous mean? It means something or somebody that is causing a lot of oppression and hardship.
Sentence Examples: –
- Taking care of a new dog is an onerous task; however, it is something that is pretty satisfying at the same time.
- If you look at how the onerous work in the house is always handed over to the youngest of the family, you realize that you would want another brother or a sister to take over this job.
- When your family has to deal with an onerous neighbor, it can take a toll in your own social life and it can be pretty unforgiving.
- When I got the assignment, it seemed pretty simple; however, the more I look at it, it turns out to be pretty
- The project work will become extremely onerous if you are on a bad computer and an even worse Internet connection.
- Nothing would have prepared me for the onerous training that I was to receive in the military; however it was done for the benefit of the company as well as for my team in the Army.