What does remonstrate mean?: -to scold somebody, protest
Sentence Examples: –
- It is unlike me to remonstrate with my younger daughter, but there are times in which I feel that seems to be an absolute necessity.
- If you want to remonstrate at somebody, do so in the privacy of your house or in your room. Doing it publicly on your hurts the sentiments of that person.
- The officer managed to remonstrate the cleaning managers about the kind of shady work that they have been doing, and told them to work better.
- If you remonstrate an officer in front of his juniors, it is not at all going to serve the purpose.
- One of the best things that you can do is to remonstrate your children when they do something wrong. If you spare the rod, you obviously spoil the child.
- Even when Jon sang the song extremely well, his master did remonstrate him for the shady after tunes that he could not keep in control.