What does sententious mean?: -judgmental, pompous
Noun: -sententiousness, sententiosity
Sentence Examples: –
- When you are in a hurry, you often want to let people get the sententious speech over the long version, so that you would be able to reach your destination in time.
- It was upon the talk show host to give his sententious comments on the different kinds of beliefs and prejudices that people came with in his show.
- It is to be believed that making sententious statements describing the overall faults of other religions is not going to serve the purpose.
- It was left up on the angry politician to make sententious remarks on the media, just so that they would be able to understand their faults.
- The professor made it a point to provide a sententious lecture on quantum theory, so that the children would not be overwhelmed in the first day itself.
- One of the worst feelings for me is speaking in public, so I normally make it a point to always make sententious speeches for the public.