What does admonish mean?: – to reprimand somebody very firmly
Noun: -admonisher, admonishment
Sentence Examples: –
- there is absolutely no necessary for you to admonish someone just because he happens to be a homosexual.
- Due to the recent traffic jams, I just hope that my seniors do not admonish me for coming to the office late.
- It is the job of police officers to admonish anyone that seems to be going above the speed limit, or happens to break any rules and regulations.
- Critics of your movies are always going to admonish you, it is in your better judgment to take their positive criticism and use it for the betterment of your art.
- Teachers regularly admonish students that do not get their homework done. It is a regulatory feature, and always will within the periphery of the teacher student interaction.
- Jack had a lot of thoughts about this article that he has written, he never thought that his teacher would admonish him for this article of his.