What does allusion mean?: – An expression to make a passing reference or an indirect mention of somebody without becoming explicit
Sentence Examples: –
- The new book by Seth Rogen has an allusion to all the Christian apostles and the Jesus Christ along with his interpretation of the Bible.
- There is always an allusion to another world leader by any speech made by Barack Obama.
- Taylor Swift made an allusion to her ex-boyfriend about the song that she had written and composed recently.
- The articles written by the Newsweek made an allusion to the descent domestic violence cases against that basketball star.
- The journalist took it upon himself to make an allusion in his article about the recent domestic abuse on his servant by that actor.
- Even though there were a lot of students in that particular class, the teacher always made an allusion to Jack, the brightest of them all.
- If you are going to make an allusion to the recent heavy metal records in your article, then it is important for you to provide authorship links.