What does cacophony mean? It means a dissonance of sounds, something that creates a lot of noise, and not the pleasant kind.
Sentence Examples: –
- Once you come to my neighborhood, our dogs will create such a cacophony that you would not be able to pass the gate without me knowing about it.
- It is only due to the lack of practice by the band that a good piece of music ended up becoming a cacophony to the audience. Instead of being entertained, they were disappointed.
- The cacophony that is to be found in the fish market on a Sunday morning cannot be compatible to any other activity other than watching a football match in a football stadium.
- Even though there was a perfect setup of the sound for the band, the first note of the guitar created a cacophony that could not go down easily with their fans.
- Of course, after the suicide terrorist attacks, there was a lot of cacophony on the main central arena of the city, and this led to a lot of problems amongst the investigative agencies.