What does devoid mean? It means someone that does not have possession of an object.
Sentence Examples: –
- Is it important for you to dine in that particularly expensive restaurant when my wallet has been devoid of any kind of money?
- It is due to the devoid of rain water that relief trains had to be sent from other states so that the people of that state would not be parched for water.
- If you are devoid of any motivation, it is time for you to pick up the slack and get working. There is absolutely no one that can motivate you other than yourself.
- If you find yourself devoid of any work ethic, you can be sure of the fact that you would get kicked out from the establishment within no time.
- Most of the jokes that you tell at the wide from any kind of humor. It is time for you to rein them back in.
- The couple was devoid of children, so they took the alternative route and started looking into adoption.