What does disabuse mean?: -to persuade someone that their belief and ideology is mistaken
Sentence Examples: –
- If you want to continue to believe something that is false, then that is your prerogative. There is no use trying to disabuse you buy actually telling you the real thing.
- It is the job of the teacher to disabuse any student that would think that there is a shortcut to success, and that they can get by in life without any formal education.
- Even though you know that your parents are wrong, there is no need for you to disabuse the relationship that you have with them over a simple misunderstanding.
- Just because you happen to be an activist for the environmental issues, there is absolutely no need for you to disabuse your knowledge by berating people continuously.
- If you go through the latest Facebook post, you will find that there are a lot of people looking to disabuse any kind of government policy.
- If you think about the need of the voters, you will find that there is a lot of amongst them. disabuse