What does disconsolate mean?: -very unhappy, sad, dejected, cannot be comforted
Sentence Examples: –
- When her puppy ran away, the little boy was very disconsolate, and the parents had to put up posters all across the neighborhood to get the puppy back.
- It was anticipated that the prisoner would be disconsolate at receiving that particular sentence, but the judgment should and will be passed by the judge to ensure that fair discipline and the rules and regulations are maintained of the land.
- Everybody was disconsolate at the breakup of the two most loved couple in the office, but there is nothing that they could do that could lighten the mood.
- After the death of his father, Nathan was disconsolate, and took to drinking in order to numb the pain.
- Whenever my little boy feels disconsolate, his dog is always there to help him out through this tough spot.
- When you watch a thought-provoking movie, you are definitely bound to get disconsolate. However, that is all a part of life.