What does extenuating mean?: – It is in order to lessen or nullify the seriousness of the offence or the guilt.
Sentence Examples: –
- Based on the extenuating circumstances, the man should be forgiven for the kind of crimes that he has committed.
- Jon was to be brought to justice, but the extenuating events in his life certainly made for a pardon from the school authorities.
- Rebecca had undergone extenuating circumstances, which is not something that anyone should hope and expect to come across.
- Getting the approval of the authorities depends upon extenuating circumstances, and it is surely going to be given to us.
- The rights of the people are certainly absolved in case there is any kind of extenuating events in the country at that particular moment.
- A prostitute, under the extenuating circumstances would be able to peddle her body for money, as that is her birthright.
- The rights of the French people, under extenuating events and it certainly involve a lot of cajoling and the foregoing of the death penalty.