What does fractious mean? It means somebody that is very easily angered, and is mostly irritable.
Sentence Examples: –
- When the substitute teacher came on board, he found the entire classroom to be filled with fractious students, which made it all the more difficult for him to control.
- The concept, comprising about a 1000 fractious people turned out to be something of a task for the police force to manage. In the end, they had to restore semblance in the crowd with the use of excessive force.
- As a parent, coming across a fractious can be a very alarming thing, at the same time, it could also be a challenge on your parenting skills.
- The dog was fractious enough so as to not be the commands given by his master. In the end, he had to be given away.
- It is always the losing side in a football game that comes out to become fractious after the game is over. The law enforcement agencies always have problem at the end of every football game due to this factor.