How to use Detrimental in a sentence:- Sentence examples of Detrimental, Detrimentally and Detriment.
Detrimental (adjective) means harmful or injurious. It refers to something that can cause damage or anything that hinders. It can be used to describe actions, words or behaviors that hurt people, processes or anything else.
Form a sentence with the word detrimental to suggest something which is dangerous, destructive or has the potential to create a negative impact. For example, drinking too much can be detrimental to health or cheating can have a detrimental impact on a person’s marriage.
Detrimental: Other Grammatical Forms
Detrimental in a Sentence Examples
1) Continuing to smoke even after being advised against it by the doctor is going to be detrimental to your health.
2) Mining is a hazardous occupation and many of its detrimental effects on the human body have been well recorded.
3) My mother advised me against canned foods because she thought it was detrimental to my immune system.
4) All the industrial pollutants that were let out in the nearby river were detrimental to the ecology of the whole area.
5) I didn’t realize that listening to loud music on my headphones would prove to be detrimental to my eardrums.
6) The government is implementing the construction project without thinking about how detrimental it will be to local communities.
7) Eating so much ice cream will be detrimental to your voice quality for your solo performance which is due in a couple of hours.
8) My wife’s incessant nagging was detrimental to my creativity and thought process. This was one of the reasons I divorced her.
9) The detrimental impact of inflation has been borne by the people of this country since many years.
10) The absence of a mother from her child’s life during formative years can be detrimental to his or her growth and development.
11) Wearing high heels continuously through the day can be detrimental for the shape of your foot.
12) Why would you want to do something that can be detrimental to your career in the long run?
13) I warned her regarding the cheap makeup she was using. It could be detrimental to her skin and its negative effects could be irreversible.
14) It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that pumping so much money into the economy will lead to severe inflation and have several detrimental outcomes.
15) Whether corruption is detrimental to governance or not isn’t the debate. That fact has already been well-established.
16) We scanned the system and removed all the software that was detrimental to the everyday functioning of the computer.
17) My son’s passion for sports is now becoming detrimental to his academics. He invests way too much time on the field.
18) Sudden changes in the weather have been detrimental to my organic garden. None of my saplings can survive unless they’re kept in specified environmental conditions.
19) Many new policies have been implemented to counter the detrimental consequences of the previous government’s lousy decisions.
20) Building up on arms and ammunition is an ominous sign and can prove to be detrimental to the peace of the country.
Detrimentally in a Sentence Examples
1) If you know that your decision is going to detrimentally affect your daughter’s schooling, you shouldn’t be doing it.
2) They reacted detrimentally and a peaceful country was turned into a war-torn nation.
3) The husband and wife kept fighting. They didn’t realize how it detrimentally impacted their children and scarred them for the rest of their lives.
4) The riots affected the city so detrimentally that it failed to rebound to normalcy even after peace was restored.
5) Your rebellious behavior will detrimentally influence your younger sister because you are a role model for her.
Detriment in a Sentence Examples
1) Poverty is a detriment to the growth and prosperity of many countries. It is like a sponge which absorbs all subsides given by the government.
2) She flirted with other men to the detriment of her steady relationship of five long years.
3) Her presence in my office is detriment to the working culture in my office because all she does is spread malicious gossip.
4) I will allow you to work here if your activities are not detriment to other incumbents.
5) Chewing gum is claimed to be good for teeth but too much of it can also be a detriment to the muscles of your jaw.