How to use Hypocrite in a sentence:- Sentence examples of Hypocrite, Hypocrisy, Hypocritical and Hypocritically.
Hypocrite: Meaning and Definition
Hypocrite (noun) means deceiver or imposter.
The word refers to a person who pretends to be someone that he or she is not.
Hypocrite can also be used for people who say one thing and do the exact opposite.
Create a sentence with the word hypocrite to describe the pretentious character of a person who misleads by portraying an image which is untrue. For example, when people criticize others for polluting the air by driving cars but use a car themselves, they are being hypocrites.
Hypocrite: Other Grammatical Forms
Hypocrite in a Sentence Examples
1) He has always been a hypocrite all his life. He will say one thing and then do the complete opposite.
2) You are a hypocrite if you wax eloquent about green initiatives and the make a humungous house which is not eco-friendly in any way.
3) If you don’t want to sound like a hypocrite, stick to what you said and pick up the garbage that you threw on the street.
4) My friend turned out to be a hypocrite. She kept telling me that she loved to appear natural but I found out that she uses a lot of makeup.
5) He is a smooth talker and a hypocrite. He will compliment you and then talk behind your back.
6) The critic came across as a hypocrite. He supported art films in his articles but hobnobbed only with commercially successful filmmakers.
7) My boyfriend was a hypocrite. He told me that he liked my voluptuousness but complimented women who were thin as a stick.
8) You talk about simplicity all the time but you’ve just spend close to twenty grand on your interiors. Aren’t you being a hypocrite?
9) I saw him talk to two different people about the same thing and I sensed that he was a hypocrite.
10) It’s one thing to change your behavior as per people and situations and it’s another thing to be a hypocrite.
Hypocrisy in a Sentence Examples
1) The austerity drive was nothing but eyewash. The government’s hypocrisy was revealed when some of the minister’s were caught in red-handed in luxurious pursuits.
2) Since my parents always told me to be helpful, I picked up an injured puppy and brought it home. Their hypocrisy was revealed when they did not allow me to keep it.
3) My mother hates politicians, diplomats and other people in the government because they are full of hypocrisy.
4) Don’t believe anything he says because he is a hypocrite and is known to go back on his words.
5) There is so much hypocrisy in the media these days. They talk about equal employment but they employ only within their circle of influence.
6) The fashion show committee stated in their press release that they wanted to support new talent but their hypocrisy was exposed when they selected only experienced designers.
7) The day I found out that I was ensnared in the political hypocrisy of the cabinet ministers, I vowed never to get into politics again.
8) The book outlines the society’s hypocrisy and biased attitude towards women. It goes onto talk about how atrocities were brutally meted out to them for generations.
9) Sometimes, you try to be an ethical person and other times you just let go of your beliefs completely. That shows utter hypocrisy.
10) The head of the NGO was attacked with allegations of hypocrisy when he undertook a profit-making initiative for his organization.
Hypocritical in a Sentence Examples
1) Her tears are hypocritical. She will use them to charm you and then she will leave you hanging when her job is done.
2) It was hypocritical of her to tell her daughters to respect all religions when she herself did not do so.
3) You cannot be hypocritical by teaching your son not to cheat in relationships and then have the audacity to cheat on your own wife.
4) It is hypocritical of you to talk about animal rights on one hand and then use fur coats on the other. You can’t have such double standards.
5) The most hypocritical thing to come out of his mouth was that he was a supporter of organic food when everybody knew that he didn’t care about what he ate.
Hypocritically in a Sentence Examples
1) She hypocritically criticized the government in public for their policies. The reality was that she was one of the silent partners who funded it.
2) He talks hypocritically all the time. He changes sides when it is convenient and contradicts himself many times too.
3) I am amazed to see how the politicians of our country are not exhausted of talking hypocritically all the time.
4) They opined on the TV show hypocritically because they said something completely opposite the other day.
5) My boss was voiced his view about paperless offices quite hypocritically. He was probably the highest user of stationery in our office.