What does paltry mean?: -a very small amount
Sentence Examples: –
- If you think about the paltry allowance that you are getting, think about the amount of money I used to get from your grandparent.
- It is often found out that five-star restaurants offer a very paltry meal in comparison to the amount of money that the extract for it.
- When you are offering me a paltry sum of money for that particular television, it is better that you keep it aside. There is no use selling it.
- It is very sad, but the law enforcement agencies get a paltry sum of money, which is not the amount of compensation they should deserve for the kind of job that they do.
- The firefighters require a lot of recognition for putting their lives online on a daily basis; however the government ensures that the only get a paltry amount of money.
- If you are looking at getting a good discount, do not try and go to this website. They offer paltry coupons that will not serve your purpose.