What does prevaricate mean?: -speaking in an evasive manner
Sentence Examples: –
- So as to smooth out all the kinks in the new legislative bill, the politician ensured that he would prevaricate the release of the new study in the environment to benefit the bill.
- Just because my sister does not take bad news very well, I must always prevaricate when I have to tell her something that she does not have any inclination to hear.
- Just so that he would be able to escape the scathing remarks of the recent accident in his car, the journalist tried to prevaricate through the interview.
- The witness had to prevaricate for the witness in order to save him, even when she has testified in the court.
- If you would only confront your son, you would be able to take control of his life. There is no use for you to prevaricate and conform to all his needs.
- When the first reaction your child has is to prevaricate on any bad news, you have a very hard time telling them about it.