What does pugnacious mean? It means somebody that is more than inclined to fight, and is always quarrelsome.
Sentence Examples: –
- it is always the pugnacious nature of the boy to talk back to his parents,; this has led to a lot of problems in the household.
- The behavior of Jon which is normally pugnacious has ensured that he would always be lacking in the friends department.
- I am often mistaken for my twin sister who happens to be quite pugnacious; she has led to a lot of confrontations in our house when there was no need for any.
- It is unfortunately the nature of the people in Rwanda to become pugnacious after having a few alcoholic drinks.
- When you come across my pugnacious dog, be certain to steer clear of him; there is no telling when he may turn on you.
- Mr Barry has always been a person of a pugnacious nature, so it is of no surprise that he’s the same towards his class as well.
- It is always the defendant that happens to be pugnacious whenever there is any kind of cross examination going on in the courtroom.