What does impugn mean?: – it is a dispute the validity as well as truth in a statement
Sentence Examples: –
- It was the smear campaign of the Mayor to impugn the character of his opponent that led to his downfall.
- It is without doubt that there is flawless character in our councilman; the worst thing that you can think about is to impugn their character.
- The character of the defendant plays a very important part in this case; it was the prosecution that tried to impugn his character.
- Even though I had the valid tickets to the concert, the attendant tried to impugn my entry to that particular occasion.
- If a politician is confident, he or she would not have to resort to trying to impugn the character of his or her opponents.
- As a parent, I try to impugn instructional skills of teachers that do not work according to their full potential.
- The job of the detective is to impugn the different types of theories and focus on the main motive.