What does mollify mean? It means to pacify or decrease the impact of temper on a person.
Sentence Examples: –
- I was hoping against hope that good food and a pleasant music will be able to mollify my girlfriend from the foul mood that she has had for a long time.
- In order to win the elections, Gary would have to mollify the stream of voters that he had neglected in the previous reelection campaign.
- If you are suffering from acid reflux, then cold glass of milk will be able to mollify the situation.
- Although, there are a lot of people displeased with the kind of importance being placed on the new health reform bills, the senator was able to mollify the people.
- Whenever Jon ended up forgetting his anniversary, he would try to mollify his wife by providing her some form of jewelry.
- Whatever seems to be your problem in regards to the particular movie review, you would only need to mollify the situation by reaching out to your friends and family.