What does obstinate mean? It means to remain in his or her position without having to yield to any kind of argument.
Sentence Examples: –
- My grandfather is pretty obstinate about the outcome of the world war even when I mentioned that both sides lost a lot of money and people fighting for something that had no consequences whatsoever.
- The Cold War between the United States of America and the USSR happen for absolutely no reason: although you would be hard put to find somebody that is not obstinate enough to proclaim that USSR lost that war.
- When I think about people that are obstinate, the thought of my father comes to mind.
- Even when the little child did not do anything wrong, he preferred not to be obstinate and apologized to his guardians.
- When the jury was obstinate and refused to listen to what the defendant had to say, that was a time in which the justice system seemed to have collapsed on its knees.