What does portend mean?: – A warning that something might happen
Sentence Examples: –
- When the dark clouds portend over your area, there is definitely going to be thunderstorm nearby.
- Does it mean that the ability for you to download the movies, although illegally can portend to a steady decrease in the profits of the movie theatres?
- In general times, the ability for you to make a lot of money also portend to the need for you to spend a lot of it on frivolous things.
- In most circumstances, the health care system portend to the efficient rise in health insurance.
- One says that when a black cat crosses your path, it portend to some very bad luck. However, it has proved to be untrue in a variety of instances.
- Does a high fever portend to visit a doctor? Well, if it involves your children, it certainly is.
- The only way for you to miss success is when you portend failure as a part of your life.